Friday, November 20, 2009

The kids having a "Gabey-Baby" day

Sometimes I have "Gabey-Baby" days. They are days when my mind dwells on my 3rd child who was brought home to heaven before we got to meet him. He was born on December 18, 2008 (at 21 weeks gestational age). Today, Jamie figured out that Gabriel's birthday was less than a month away. He and Allana became excited and decided we should have a birthday party to celebrate. We will, and you all are invited. :-)
Since Gabriel was the topic of that conversation, he became the subject of many talks for the remainder of the evening. The last of these talks I will post below.

Scene: Jamie and Allana are having a "sleep-over" and talk until they fall asleep.

This was the beginning of their chat:

A: I wish Gabriel was here.
J: He is!
A: Where?
J: Gabriel is in heaven w/ God
A: In heaven?
J: Yes. And since Gabriel is with God and God is everywhere, then Gabriel is everywhere.
A: Even here with us?
J: Yes. Gabriel is here with us.
A: I miss him.
J: I wish he were alive, but we have to be brave.

From there, they talked of Unicorns and far away lands. They dreamed before sleeping. They imagined a world with only happiness and a place where everything they ever could think of came to be.
I'm so grateful for the giggles and smiles that brought the day to a close. God gave my kids laughter instead of tears and filled their imagination with thoughts of life replacing death. God granted my children peace tonight. And in that peace, I found comfort.

I thought I should share :-)

Love, peace and comfort to all of you!

2 comments:

dana said...

Kris, this brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad for the perspective, the hope, and the joy that your family has no matter the trials that have been thrown your way. Love you guys!

Salena Lynn said...

Teary eyed! I love your children so much. It's amazing how you have raised them to be the way they are. You are an amazing parent! I can hardly believe that it's almost been a year since Gabriel was born and sent to Heaven. His birthday will not be overlooked for sure! Love ya bunches!