Sunday, February 27, 2011

Your FACE!








So I was getting ready for bed last night and what happened in my bathroom led me to yell, "I'm going to the mall tomorrow for a new face!" To which, Josh replied, "But I like this one!"

My face is the definition of, "combination skin". My forehead, nose, chin and the apples of my cheeks are oily and prone to acne breakouts. My cheeks and the corners of my nose are dry 90% of the time. Lastly, I struggle with Rosacea which is defined as a skin disease that is, "marked by redness (erythema) of the face, flushing of the skin, and the presence of hard pimples (papules) or pus-filled pimples (pustules), and small visible spider-like veins called telangiectasias."
(a collective, "eww" is appropriate and expected)


SO all of this adds up to one single word...frustration.

Today, I went to Macy's in search of a facial and a new skin care regime that would attack my issues without attacking my comfort. The flare-ups I deal with after using many acne treatments rival birthing pains and deep moisturizing treatments immediately comfort but only for the night. By morning, an army of white-heads wait just beneath the surface of my supple epidermis. What's a thrifty gal to do?

I found myself enticed by a sandwich board by the Origins shop just inside Macy's entrance.
The chalkboard read, "free mini-facials!" to which, I replied, "yes, please!"
Origins has always been a favorite of mine but they do fall in the, "pricey" category IMHO. They are all-natural, all pure, and all-amazawondermous. (that last word is not supported by their website, nor is it part of their marketing campaign, but it should be)

The sole Origins sales lady was just finishing with her last customer and my timing was perfecto! She gave me the spa treatment I never knew I always wanted. My face felt refreshed, clean, supple, healthy, and beautiful...and all before a drop of make-up!
I took a gander in the mirror and saw exactly what I felt. My previously fevered skin was calmer, smoother,and free of blotchiness/redness.

The make-up was beautiful and who doesn't love to be pampered like that?! I also have to add, it's great to hear someone tell me how beautiful my eyelashes are. I've been told that since childhood and I never tire of it. (No worries, you will have your chance to compliment me in the comments below)

Here are the results of my Origins experience:
I am happy with the results and I look forward to washing my face tonight. I mean, how wonderful is that?

Below is what I purchased (all the following were from the Dr. Andrew Weil collection):


1. Face Wash: Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief face cleanser (washes off the grime without irritation)


















2. Serum: Mega-Mushroom Advanced Face Serum (relief from redness, sensitivity, and reactivity especially for those suffering from Rosacea)







3. Lotion: Pantidote Mega-Mushroom Face Cream (optimizes skin's defenses)
For my patronage, I received everything in the box below for FREE! This included a Night Health bedtime spray, a Night Health bedtime face cream, a double lipgloss AND a ton of crinkled slices of brown paper.
Here is my whole collection and it costed approximately the same as a trip to the dermatologist. I'm pretty sure I feel more relaxed after taking this route.


I'll let you know more as the days go by...

2 comments:

Meg said...

I LOVE Origins! I used to use their foundation...

Unknown said...

I have seen origins stuff, but have never used any of it, or had a facial either. Your blog and picture has me thinking I should try both!