Wednesday, May 26, 2010

finishing what I began

Since I got distracted with life, I never finished my water bottle blog! I shall fix that now!
I tried 2 Starbuck drink containers and I love them both. The first is an insulated travel coffee mug that I use for water only. The other is made specifically for water. I like them both and I'll list their pros and cons below. :-)

Heart Mug Pros:
Insulated
Spillproof
Cute
Fits in cupholders

Heart Mug Cons:
NOT dishwasher safe
NOT microwave safe
keeps the taste/smell of the drink used last
mild "plastic" taste

Water Bottle Pros:
Super cute!
little to no "plastic" taste
fits cupholders
easy to carry

Water Bottle Cons:
Sweats
NOT spillproof (drips from lid when tipped over)
Tall and top-heavy
NOT dishwasher or microwave safe

I've come to the conclusion that there are NO perfect re-usable water containers. I still want a glass one with a cute protective cover, but I'm not willing to pay a ton for one that I can't see and feel before I buy it...so I'm still waiting to find one in a store so I can do just that.

PLEASE let me know if you see/find a glass container in a store! I really really really want one! :-)

No comments: